Crossing into Slovenia||traveling from pakistan to gremany

 We are still in Austria. And here comes.... Slovenia..!! Check out this view! What a beauty! Mountains of Austria through this balcony. Slovenia, if their borders are open. As per my current info, the borders are open. so, lets hope they actually are. The distance I am aiming today is not much. Almost 220 - 230 km. But since I am going through the pass, and it's a small road, so it will take me 4 hours. And besides, I have to stop at times for the vlog. So I think it's gonna take around... 6 hours. And it's a beautiful hotel. A small family enterprise. As you can see it's quite a clean room. And it's sort of a luxury for the amount that I paid. So, to start the day... lets go and have the breakfast first. 

                                                         Crossing into Slovenia


because  it's included...!! I have got cereals and muesli... some juices as well... It's a typical Austrian breakfast. Not very different from the German one. And there's cheese. And this... I don't know what it is, probably not Halal. And then there's Nutella and stuff. Some nice looking bread. Then there's Austrian cheese. It's homemade, I am told. And coffee of course. Excuse me I am done. And we were able to spot it from a distance. We are on the main road now. Let's go on a little more... and then we may take some smaller road. I think I should.. I better look for ... Yes I think it's a coffee shop. I wonder if I can park here.

 Excuse me, do you serve coffee and cake or something? Yes. Coffee. And the cake is apple flavor. Yes. OK. So, I have taken a short break. Because I was feeling a bit hungry. Had quite a handful of breakfast. Sort of freebie. Not really freebie. It was included in price. but I made sure I had plenty. Right now I have ordered coffee. And Apfelstrudel Kochen to go with it. It's a reknowned Austrian delicacy. Apfel means Apple...  As for Strudel.. I have no idea. Must be something they mix inside. It's made of apple. And it has cream as well. So that's my lunch. I am Austrian for the day.

 Besides, making use of this break, I have booked my apartment in Slovenia, for the night. The name of the city is Bled. So lets finish the cake and continue the journey. And right now we are heading towards an amazing castle here. We 'll make a short stop there, get some shots, and then the next stop is going to be ... the apartment. I just decided, on my way to Slovenia, that there is this amazing castle on the way. It's called Hochosterwitz Castle. It's one of the most visited.. tourist spots in Austria. It's Medieval castle. You can see it in front of me, on the left side, on hill top.

 The height of that rock is... 170 meters or something. The special thing about this rock is that people have been living here since bronze age. I have been here before, so I ain't going there now. Because it takes some hiking effort. But I will try to take some drone shots for you guys. It's a mind blowing castle indeed. Do visit if you have time. I better look for some parking. Then I will show you some drone shots. Amazing place. Especially that rock... I like two castles in Austria. This one and the one in Salzburg. 

That is also a wonderful sight and on a hill top as well. If you like castles and you are visiting Austria, then these two must be in your list. I think we 'll cross another pass from here. It's called Loibl Pass. The sign says it's open. Lets see. Hope it's not too high. Otherwise I 'll have to get the warm clothes out again. And we 'll enter Slovenia from there. Now I dont know if the Slovenians will let me. But I am already feeling a little nervous. I hope there's not trouble. In that case... the trip has already been delayed... I might have to spend more time in Austria. 

I have read that they have opened the borders. Let's see what God has planned for us. Could it be only for Austrians? Anyways... Lets see. It is quite a tough pass. And I had no idea, that this route had 2 passes for me in a day. The other route was through Autobahn. Not Scenic. Well it's still okay as long as it's in daylight. But if it was evening, then the exertion gets the better of you. Just get me a bed to rest. We are still in Austria. 

And here comes Slovenia. Nobody stopped us. No, it's not Slovenia. It's still Austria. It's a little ahead. My heartbeats are getting all crazy. What's ahead of this tunnel...? Well this is Austria.. And this is Slovenia. So we are in Slovenia now. Lets see if the authorities are sitting there or not. Allah have mercy on me. I was never this afraid of any border crossing. Well,

  it's not fear to be exact. Just a feeling of uncertainty. That will I be allowed in? Could be right outside this tunnel. Anybody there???? Looks like a restaurant. No checks here. And we are through... YESSS.... I'm so happy!!! My throat is dry now. Actually till 15th June, it's not confirmed. After that, it's confirmed.

 That's why I am saying. You guys must be wondering why I left the house without knowing. It was unconfirmed before 15th June. Although it was in news that these borders are open. But I was still a little afraid. There's no checking at the German border but they still had this condition of 15th June. Another 35 minutes to go... You guys enjoy Slovenia.

Post a Comment

0 Comments