Nankana Sahib,ISLAMABAD ||PAKISTAN TRAVEL

 Assalam Alekum and Good Morning Everyone from Nankana Sahib, The city of Baba Guru Nanak. I am feeling the same initial anxiety that I felt when I left from Germany. It has kicked back and I guess it's because of seeing my family members after a long time. But I have this strong feeling that it's gonna be alright.

Hopefully this anxiety is not gonna last more than a couple of days at most. We are out of Nankana city now. It didn't take us long as it's a rather small city. It's always good to come out of the urban area as early as possible. As it's quite early in the day, there's not much traffic.

 Nankana Sahib


 These roads are only recently constructed. When I left Nankana, it was not in such good shape. But it's good to see all these roads and other development projects with the passage of time. The best way to get to Islamabad from here is motorway. But since motorcycles are not allowed there, so we are in for a tough long ride via GT Road. That's actually where we are headed to, right now. 

This road was just recently constructed and it's in a very good shape. Although the GT Road is in pretty good condition but it's very crowded. You always have to be cautious about smaller vehicles coming from all directions, there. So you have to use brakes quite often and you can't get too fast. I have just entered Sheikhupura and there's a very interesting historical site here, known by the name of 'Hiran Minar'. It was built in 1606 during the Mughal Rule. I want all you guys to see that. Because this is my own region. 

Whenever I had to go to Islamabad during my student days, I would take the bus to Islamabad from here. However I am not stopping here right now. Because I have already been here yesterday and I have done my recording. I foresaw that I will not have enough time today. So you guys enjoy the Hirna Minar.. I am gonna continue my journey, battling the Pakistani traffic. We are at a distance of 40 - 45 km from Lahore. Lahore used to be the city of Mughal kings and they needed a place for hunting. So this used to be a rather wild place near Lahore. Not completely wild though; semi wild may be. 

So this is where the Mughals would come for hunting. The Mughal Emperor Jahangir had a favorite buck called Mansraj. Mansraj would bring other wild animals to this pond to drink water. Which were then hunted down by the people hiding around. When Mansraj died, Jahangir built this tomb for his beloved animal. And a tower was also erected by its side. That's how this place got its name; the Hiran Minar or the Buck Tower. There are three sections here. I am standing near the Bara Dari (the one with 12 doorways), the pond and the tower. 

The Bara Dari was built during the time of Shah Jahan and I guess it's the most beautiful part here. It's very beautiful from inside. I think it has 12 doors; probably that's how it got its name. The place is quite airy as there are plenty of air pathways which makes it a very pleasant place.

 In my opinion, if you visit Sheikhupura, you must see this historical place for sure. Its architecture is very similar to other famous building of the Mughal period. Especially this Bara Dari is very similar to the one at the Jahangir's tomb. There's a minaret there at Jahangir tomb which resembles this place a lot. The poor condition of road over here is making it almost impossible to ride on it.

Post a Comment

0 Comments